In Singapore, hair is a big symbol of beauty and self-esteem. That’s why if you’re in Singapore, you want to make sure that your hair looks good and healthy. But sometimes hair loss can happen for a variety of reasons. In this article, we’ll give you tips on how you can avoid thinning hair but if you already have, we recommend having a hair growth treatment in Singapore.
Tip#1: Diet plays an important role in hair regrowth
The hair is a part of the skin and what we consume goes into the blood, and then to the scalp. So, if you are thinking of changing your diet because you want to grow your hair, you need to give it a good thought.
Let’s explore how diet affects hair growth:
What you eat impacts the way your body uses certain nutrients; for example, protein intake has been found to be associated with increased circulation and oxygenation in the scalp and increased overall blood flow. This can promote healthy follicles and better nutrient supply that lead to stronger and longer hair.
Tip#2: The No.1 factor for how fast your hair will grow back is determined by your genetic
Each person has a unique hair growth cycle. It can take anywhere from 3 months to 12 months for hair to grow back. Individual hair growth cycles are influenced by the person’s genetics, hormone levels, health conditions, and even where on the body the hair is located.
Some factors that affect your hair’s growth rate are:
– The number of hairs on your head
– How old you are
– Your hormone levels
– Your diet
– Your lifestyle choices
– Whether you have any health conditions
Tip#3: Consider these external factors that affect hair growth
- Stress – Stress can affect hair growth, not just how it looks. In stressful situations, the body produces more cortisol which has been found to inhibit hair growth.
- Environmental factors – Exposure to chemicals, pollution, and even smoking—all of which can harm hair follicles—are examples of environmental factors that may affect your hair growth.
Four commonly used hair growth treatments in Singapore
- Over-the-counter Products – There are many types of hair treatments including shampoos, conditioners, and styling products. These days, it has become easier to buy these over-the-counter hair products at supermarkets and convenience stores without the need for a doctor’s prescription.
- Home-made Remedies – Singaporeans are increasingly using homemade remedies for hair regrowth to solve their problem with hair loss. Natural remedies for hair regrowth come in the form of supplements and herbal treatments that can be found at traditional Chinese medicine shops and supermarkets.
Some people also use over-the-counter drugs like Minoxidil which is available at pharmacies to apply on the scalp to stimulate blood flow in the scalp and encourage hair growth, while others use honey or apple cider vinegar on their scalp daily to soothe itchy scalps.
- Cosmetic Surgeries – Since the demand for treatments to help with hair regrowth is increasing in Singapore, Cosmetic Surgery, as a form of hair loss treatment has become a growing trend. Though many people are still reluctant about going under the knife, they do not want to go bald and will try a more natural approach if they can find one.
- Salon treatments – Salon treatment is offered in the form of hair care. It is a common type of treatment for hair loss, which includes hairstyling, blowdrying, conditioning, styling, and other treatments to improve the condition of the scalp and hair.
For people who are suffering from hair loss, salon treatments are an alternative option to medical treatments or surgical interventions. Hair fall can be mitigated by using different salon treatments.
Salon treatments are often used in order to prevent further hair loss or to reduce it
On a final note:
Because, with the right treatment, and by following our tips, you can always regrow your hair and regain confidence.
Find out more on how to do just that by visiting our store.